Non-surgical rejuvenation is one of the latest trends, but is a topic that is hardly talked about in the public arena. By now, many of us have heard or seen advertisements for the popular procedure for women known as non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation. For those of you who don’t know, it’s a non-invasive procedure that restores vaginal tone and vaginal lubrication. There are many non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatments on the market. Here at AesthetiCare, we use rejuVAnate, a top-of-the-line fractional CO2 laser to achieve our results.
As women age, the skin of the vagina loses its elasticity due to the collagen breakdown that occurs with the natural aging process. Just as aesthetic procedures have been used for years to restore youth to the face, rejuVAnate restores the health and vitality of vaginal tissue.
It is a sad truth that as a nation we are too embarrassed to discuss the topic of female genitalia, and for that, many women have to suffer in silence about their issues of sexual arousal, urinary incontinence, menopausal symptoms, or issues that have been brought on by child-birth. Because this can be more of a taboo topic, we decided to fill you in on 5 things you didn’t know about rejuVAnate:
1. RejuVAnate is able to organically stimulate the production of the vagina’s natural lubricant (which is a key component for pleasurable sexual intercourse) by heating up the vaginal wall tissue to stimulate the production of collagen. Through this collagen stimulation process, the vaginal walls are able to improve secretion, circulation, and stimulation.
2. It’s not just about better sex. Although rejuVAnate can increase sexual pleasure, it also helps to treat urinary incontinence. Ever pee a little when you cough or sneeze? Or lose your bladder control if you wait too long to go to the bathroom? RejuVAnate helps to tighten the tissue surrounding the urethra (the duct that empties the bladder), preventing urine from leaking when pressure is placed on the bladder (i.e. coughing, sneezing, laughing). RejuVAnate works so well, many women have been able to avoid surgical interventions to treat their urinary incontinence.
3. RejuVAnate can also help to prevent infections like chronic urinary tract infections (UTIs), yeast infections, and bacterial vaginitis. By tightening the mucosa and musculature around the urethra, rejuVAnate can help to prevent chronic UTIs. RejuVAnate also helps to balance the pH of the vaginal canal, preventing yeast infections and bacterial vaginitis.
4. RejuVAnate is a quick, outpatient procedure. The procedure itself takes about 5 minutes to complete. It is completely painless and there is absolutely NO downtime! Patients are able to resume their daily activities immediately. Sexual intercourse can be resumed within two days, and most patients feel improvement with intercourse within a few weeks.
5. RejuVAnate is typically done in a series of three treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. A lot of patients see improvement even after one treatment, but the effectiveness of the treatment may depend on the degree of your symptoms. Typically after three treatments patients achieve results for up to one to two years.
Age, menospausal symptoms, natural childbirth, chemotherapy, and even surgery or an injury can result in you feeling like you’ve lost your confidence. If you feel like you need something to help bring back your confidence, restore romance into your life, and increase intimacy with your partner, it may be time to consider non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation. Allow rejuVAnate bring that confidence back!